Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Courage is a Blue Pill/ Red Pill Choice...

WOW! Just found this quote that I have not seen before. Hope it is as motivating for you as it was for me:

"Everyone has talent. What is rare is the courage to follow that talent to the dark place where it leads." -- Erica Jong, Author

I interpret 'the dark places' as the 'difficult places'...because we know that talents can be very difficult to develop and bring to maturity and many do not have the courage, or I might add the desire and work ethic, to develop those talents and hence those wonderful gifts are lost


Courage is a Blue Pill / Red Pill choice (reference the Matrix) Morpheus says to Neo "You take the blue pill and the story ends. You wake in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill and you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes." Going down the Rabbit hole is the darkness. We all start off being afraid of the dark/Unknown. Think about the Cowardly Lion from the Wizard of OZ. He had the courage all along, but just didn’t know or realize it until it was time to step up and show it. The same is true with us. We all have the ability to succeed. It’s the fear of the dark that keeps us from stepping up. What will people think??? Just like the Matrix if you do nothing, you wake up in bed and nothing changes. If you want your future to be better than your past, you have to do something different today. That takes courage, doing something different and stepping up everyday!

I reflect on a quote by one of my favorite authors Jim Rohn 'for things to change, I must change and for things to better I must get better

Sometimes that is how people feel about Adding /Changing Jobs They think… I worked at one job for so long I don't know if I have any skills / talent to do another, or even what I could do if I had another job, full or part-time, even though I need at least a part-time job to help make ends meet.

Here is another gem: "A person who wants something will find a way, a person who doesn't will find an excuse.” Whoa.....how many times do we encounter that one?? Have an exciting day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment